canes fans, at least kaberle shoots the damn puck with you!
kabby’s gonna kab.
i just felt like saying that
also, it’s really strange writing a former player’s name. you get so used to writing their name all the time. whether it be in a tumblr post, tweet, or text. so when you write their name again…after not doing so for such a long time, because you don’t need to… it’s a little weird.
i had to write a brief paragraph naming the title of the book that would be my life story, and explaining why.
i wrote this:
The Girl with the Heart for Hockey. Simply because this sport has come to have much more meaning to me than I ever anticipated. I may only be a spectator but my favorite athletes have become a source of inspiration and motivation throughout my everyday life. Analyzing and understanding this game has turned me into an armchair coach and an online journalist. I pay close attention to every last detail, including all aspects and elements of strategy and player placement.
3. Best game I’ve been to: Well, it’s the only game I’ve been to. April 9th, 2011 - Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins. It was Fan Appreciation Day and I was sitting in the second to last row balcony. I’ll remember that day for the rest of my life.
4. 3 teams I don’t care for: There’s a difference between not caring for and hating. Like I hate the Montreal Canadiens and Vancouver Canucks. But I “don’t care for” the St. Louis Blues, Columbus Blue Jackets and Calgary Flames.
5. If my team doesn’t hoist the Cup this year, I hope it goes to: New York Rangers. They’re a bunch of really hard-working guys and this group truly deserves it.
6. First favorite player? Andrew Ference. Such a warrior that guy is and a real sweetheart.
7. Why am I a hockey fan? I am a hockey fan because it is the greatest game on the planet.
8. Team Crosby or Team Ovi? Team Ovi. No question.
9. Second favorite team: It really doesn’t even come close to my favorite team, but currently it has to be the Rangers. I’ve been watching them a lot lately. The team has a lot of admirable qualities. I do have a little thing for the Lightning as well.
10. Favorite Russian player: Pavel Datsyuk, currently.
11. Favorite Swedish player:
12. Favorite American player: American hero, Timmy Thomas of course.
13. Favorite Canadian player: Patrice Bergeron. Flawless individual, on and off the ice.
14. Staals or Sedins? Is this some kind of joke? I pick the Staal brothers over the Pointless Sisters/Olsen Twins/2 girls with no Cup ANYDAY.
15. Player I like on a team I don’t like: Carey Price, Maxim Lapierre. Lapierre, I don’t really like as a person. It’s just a sexually frustrated, physical thing with that sexy hunk of man.
16. Craziest thing I’ve done for my team: The only thing I can think of, and it’s not all that crazy, is tutoring my friend and helping him out with 4 essays. My reward was center ice seats to a B’s game (which I’m going to in March. Hell yeah!)
17. First player I met: I’ve never met an NHL player.
18. Team I’ll support in Sochi 2014: United States of America.
19. Arena I’d kill to watch a game in: The old Boston Garden. Of course it’s impossible, but if I ever got the chance to travel back in time and see a game there…it’d be like a dream.
20. Player currently on my team whose number deserves to be retired: Tim Thomas.